The integration between Deliverr and Returnly is a two-way integration, responsible for performing two primary actions:
Creates returns within Deliverr when a return is initiated through Returnly.
Refund within Returnly after items are received & approved by Deliverr/merchant.
Note: In cases where the return is not approved for automatic refund, Deliverr will provide additional notes.
As Deliverr owns, supports and maintains this integration, technical questions should first be addressed to Deliverr Support.
- Merchants on Returnly Annual/Premium plan
- Deliverr account
- Your Returnly API token
On your Returnly's Return Manager, visit Integration Tools > API Token tab.
How to Configure Returnly
- Navigate to the Returns Settings menu in your Returnly dashboard.
- Access the Return Policy tab, Additional Settings section.
- Disable the Auto-restock Products option since the 3PL will be handling inventory updates.
Note: If you do not have Returnly API access, please email email@example.com and request your Returnly API token for the integration.
How to Configure Deliverr
- First, log into https://sellerportal.deliverr.com
- Next, visit Returns -> Setting https://sellerportal.deliverr.com/returns/settings
- Click +Connect below Returnly.
- Copy API key from Returnly by navigating to Integration Tools -> API Token.
- Paste API Key on Deliverr’s page and click Connect.
- You’ll now see Deliverr’s address to be updated on Returnly.
Updating Return to Address on Returnly
- Visit Your Account > Addresses, Return to Address tab.
- Edit all the fields with the address as shown on Deliverr Portal.
- Click Validate & Save.
- Your Returnly account is now connected to your Deliverr account.
How it Works
Adding Returnly to your Deliverr account helps you to:
- Get all returns in Returnly created and processed in Deliverr
- Track progress of returns in Deliverr
- Get inspection notes from Deliverr to your Returnly account
The Returnly <> Deliverr Returns workflow comprises three main portions:
1.- The customer creates a Return through the Returnly Return Center
- The customer initiates their Return via Returnly.
- When Returnly RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorizations) are authorized, the return is then created within the Deliverr system for processing.
2.- The package gets to the warehouse
For item inspection and exception handling, reach out to Deliverr to discuss the process.
3.- Complete the return
Once items have been inspected and the inventory has been updated, Deliverr will send that data to Returnly to process the refund.
In cases where expected items differ from actual items, Deliverr will not process the refund and leave notes detailing the inspection.
- How long will it take to set up this integration?
Self-service set-up; you can be up and running in a day without a developer needed.
- Where do I get my Returnly API?
On Returnly's Return Manager, visit Integration Tools > API Token tab.
Related article: Where can I find my account's unique API token?
- I have a Returnly account, but don’t have API access - how can I get Returnly API access?
Merchants on an Annual plan: they can generate their API token.
Access Integration Tools > API Token tab.
Merchants on a Monthly plan should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade their account.
- Where should I address any technical questions?
As Deliverr owns, supports and maintains this integration, technical questions should first be addressed to Deliverr Support team to ensure a seamless order fulfillment experience.
Not a Returnly customer? Contact email@example.com to learn more.