What is it?
If you've been following along with our Product updates recently, you'll have seen that we granted you the ability to customize your Return Center and custom text / call to actions within your Return/Exchange flows. We've also updated the look of our Return Center flows to be more visually pleasing and intuitive for your customers to use.
Below are a few examples of the new experience:
1. Here are a few examples of customized customer-facing Returns Center home pages. Additionally, shoppers also have the option of using Google SSO to access your existing returns and exchanges.
2. Once on the Customize tab, admins can access the Brand Assets sub-tab for all of your look-and-feel options.
3. You can easily preview the look and feel dynamically (live!) across the different pages of your Return and Exchange flows on a phone, tablet, or PC.
4. Once satisfied with the changes, all you have to do is click Publish. Note that if you are transitioning from the legacy v1 experience to the new experience, you will not be able to go back onto the old experience. The Publish action makes it final.
Because both updates were opt-in features, early adopters and beta enthusiasts jumped on adopting them and have given us plenty of feedback to work with. After some further refinements, we're ready to roll this out across all of our customers still on our legacy experience!
Who Does it Affect?
The goal is to get all of existing customers onto this updated experience. If you started with Returnly within the past few months, you should already be on this experience by default. For those of you who are still on the legacy experience, we'll be soon pushing out a self-migration in-product notification that will guide you through the benefits and what you need to do in order to benefit from our improved experience. The pop-up will look something like this, and contain a few steps to illustrate the "how-to" of this self-migration.
No changes will occur until you have customized your Return Center to the way you like it and publish it, which will instantly shift you from the legacy experience over to the new one. You won't be able to revert back to the legacy version after publishing. Only authorized admins (typically, owners/admins) can perform this action. For other users within Returnly, they will see a different notification that will prompt them to raise awareness for the owner/admin to complete this action.
For those of you who want to complete this migration wizard at another time, you can click on the resource hub widget found at the bottom right of your Return Center (the yellow circle with the question mark), and click on Walkthroughs and Wizards. You'll then see New Returns Center - Migration Wizard to activate that informational flow again.
This video below summarizes what you need to do with the self-migration experience:
When is this Feature Available?
The self-migration in-product notification will begin popping up in your Returnly instance over the upcoming weeks, allowing you to decide when you want to make the jump. We intend to get everyone over to this new experience comfortably by March 1st, 2022, which is when we plan on ending support for our legacy experience. We understand that it in some cases, it may time some time to prepare for this, so please reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you require special considerations.
How Do I Enable This Feature?
As stated above, this feature will be rolling out to our customers over the next few weeks. An in-product pop-up will appear.
Note: For our customers using the legacy experience and have multiple stores (conglomerate setup), migration works like this:
- You will need to customize each of your stores to your liking. Any non-customized stores will be change to the default Returnly aesthetics.
- If you don’t change the look at all for ANY of your stores, all of your stores will change to the default Returnly aesthetics.
- You can swap between and customize any number of stores within a conglomerate. They will all individually retain their unique customized look and feel.
- Nothing changes until you click on Publish! You won't be able to revert to the legacy experience after you do this.