- How to Configure In-Store Returns
- How to Add a Location
- Tracking In-Store Returns
- In-Store Returns Users
- Managing Users
To accept in-store returns, a Location must be set in the Return Manager (dashboard) that correlates with each pertinent retail store. These Locations can be managed by users with role-specific permission such as the Owner.
- Omni-channel must be set as enabled.
- Minimum one active Store Manager per Location.
- Minimum one Location with in-store enabled.
How to Configure In-Store Returns
- On the merchant's dashboard, access In-Store Returns.
- Within the dashboard's In-Store Returns section, you'll find a list of active Locations provided these have been previously set as active.
How to Add a Location
- On the In-Store Returns, click on "Add/edit location" to add or manage existing Locations (primarily address details).
For each such Location, individual settings can be configured to enable/disable and manage in-store returns:
- Toggle on in order to "Allow in-store returns".
- Toggle on in order to "Auto-restock item in-store" to automatically trigger restocking of in-store return refunds.
- Set "Max. shopper distance" (in miles): Determines the maximum radius from a retail store that will offer a shopper the option to return in-store.
Tracking In-Store Returns
With In-Store Returns enabled, those RMAs (Return Merchandise Authorizations) will be logged and tracked throughout the platform as with any RMA being shipped back.
On Manage Returns, the table will populate with returns initiated for/processed in-store. Its "Return Type" column will denote "By Mail" or "In-Store" for every RMA:
The "RMA Report," which can additionally be generated from within the dashboard's Manage Returns section, will include the same "By Mail" or "In-Store" labels.
- To download the RMA report, click on the arrow located on the top right corner of the page.
In-Store Returns Users
To access Returnly's portal for managing and processing In-Store returns, store staff will need an individual login. Currently there are three predefined roles:
- Owner: Maintains all in-store staff logins, roles, and the assignment of PINs, and can elect to make a store Location inactive, which would mean that particular store would no no longer be accepting in-store returns.
- Store Manager: Can set Store/Location assignments, and configure individual store settings from within the Return Manager (dashboard).
- Store Associate: Can process returns in-store, utilizing their login-specific PIN, but cannot access other segments of the Return Manager (dashboard).
Store staff and their assigned roles -- Manager or Associate -- can be managed by an Owner from the User Management section in the Return Manager (dashboard). Additional details are outlined in our "Add and Manage Users & Permissions" article.
- On the User Management, a list of users and their respective roles will be displayed.
- As an Owner, click on "Add User" (located on the top right corner), and select the role for a specific user: Store Manager or Store Associate.
Note: The email address field cannot be left blank. For the Store Manager, the email address is required so as to enable logging into a store Location. For the Store Associate, if an actual email address is not available, an Owner can utilize a placeholder email address and share PINs with them.
Note: The option for importing a list of store staff is not currently being offered.
- Once a new user has been created, a PIN code will be automatically generated for Store Managers and Store Associates respectively. (Each user will have their own PIN code).
Note: Login-specific PINs are set by an Owner during the initial "Add user" step, or when a new Store Manager or Associate login is first added/created:
Note: The PIN code will be randomly generated.
Note: If a Store Associate forgets their PIN, this can be reset by an Owner.