On Returnly's Annual plan, mapping your Return Center URL is available. Here's how to enable this:
Set up a subdomain by specifying a Canonical Name (CNAME) resource record in the account for your 3rd-party domain, e.g. returns.your-company-name.com.
How to set up a CNAME record:
- Log in to your account with your domain provider.
- Find your DNS settings; look for your account admin panel, or domain management area, or DNS configuration, or similar.
- Open the DNS settings and view your current DNS records.
- Each entry should show: an original location (often listed in a column called Name, Host, or Alias), the type of the record (for example, CNAME) and the destination to which the record is pointing.
- Now you need to add a CNAME Record or update an existing one and point it to domains.returnly.com.
- Save the CNAME Record (usually by clicking Save or Add record or similar).
Within the Returnly Return Manager (dashboard), update the set Domain.
- Navigate to Customize > Returns Center.
- Enter the defined URL.
- Click Save.
- If the CNAME is configured correctly the system will process the request. This can take up to 1 minute.
- Once the process is complete, you'll receive confirmation.
If you encounter an error message this means your CNAME is incorrect. Follow these directions to confirm proper configuration.
If you receive an error, this indicates that the CNAME was not configured properly. Please follow the instructions here to check the configuration.