By using Green Returns, you'll be refunding and rewarding your best customers without having to ship back an unwanted return. Using machine learning and data science, Green Returns makes real-time returns policy decisions helping you save costs on reverse logistics and build customer loyalty while doing right by the environment.
- When an item can’t be resold, eligible shoppers are invited to keep or gift their item before being refunded to their original payment method.
- A Returnly Credit is offered allowing the shopper to find something else while waiting for their refund to be processed.
- If a shopper is not eligible, merchants can configure smart routing rules to send the item to a unique location to offload warehousing costs.
Green Returns is built upon the same algorithm as Returnly Credit, which determines if a customer qualifies for Green Returns.
Proprietary shopper data, product type, return score, return value, shipping variables, and merchant's own business rules feed into Returnly's algorithm making real-time policy decisions that guarantee the best business outcome.
Merchants dictate the predetermined logic and criteria and Returnly takes care of its implementation.
Returnly algorithms along with machine learning supplement merchants' predefined criteria.
Once you have Green Returns enabled for your account, there are two different implementation paths in defining which products could be considered for your policy:
- Global: All RMAs can qualify for Green Returns and be exempt from shipping.
- Green Return Product Tag: Only products with the product-level rtly-green-return tag will qualify to be exempt from shipping. This tag would only function if you have Green Returns enabled for your account.
Green Returns has several configurable settings that would adjust how products would be included in the policy (Global or Green Return Product Tag).
- Shopper initiates a return in the Returns Center.
- Shopper starts a return.
- Shopper receives an email with instructions on how to proceed with the refund.
- Shopper chooses items to return and submits their request.
- After shopper views estimated refund page, Returnly determines if the shopper would be eligible for a Green Return.
- Shopper views the next page notifying them that they do not need to ship their items back.
< Previous: Green Returns: Overview