Items are bought and returned every day; some of those items cannot be resold. With Green Returns, merchants can offer a refund to eligible customers without having to ship a return back. In order to create a returnless experience that is beneficial to both the customer and the merchant, Returnly has built a smart return solution that enables returnless refunds. Returnly smart return policy shapes a five-fold goal:
- To reduce the environmental footprint of processing and handling returns by allowing customers to keep an item that can’t be resold.
- To manage fewer return shipments which translates into saving on business costs such as return shipping, warehouse handling, and customer support contact.
- To build long-term loyalty with shoppers, thus improving retention.
- To invite shoppers to keep or gift a return that can't be resold.
- To decrease return fraud.
Returnly Green Returns Policy is designed to empower merchants so they have the capability to set specific criteria by which certain items would qualify for Green Returns. Merchants would then determine instances where customers are presented with the opportunity to keep those items that cannot be resold or to send the original items back.
Green Returns Refund Flow
Merchants can choose how to process Green Returns refunds, whether by way of Gift Cards or original payment method, in addition to giving shoppers the options to buy something new using Returnly Credit.
If a customer initiates a return that qualifies for Green Returns, there will be issued Returnly Credit to use over a select period of time. In this scenario, Green Returns and Returnly Credit can be used in conjunction, for which both would need to be enabled.
Providing merchants with a robust returnless experience.
> Next: Green Returns: How it Works