- Processing a Return
When a shopper brings their return in-store, a Store Associate will be able to process it by way of the Returnly In-Store Returns portal which makes processing and review of online orders easy and fast. Managing orders that have been returned across multiple channels is now at associates fingertips.
Access to this portal first requires that:
- A Store Manager has first logged into the portal and assigned a Location for that retail store, and
- The associate has a Store Associate login (with PIN).
Note: Login-specific PINs are set by an Owner during the initial "Add user" step, or when a new Store Manager or Associate login is first added/created.
Processing a Return
Log into the In-Store Associate Portal
- The in-store Associate enters their 4-digit PIN to log into the portal.
Start the Return Process
- The Store Associate asks the shopper for their return confirmation code (if started online) or enters the shopper's order-associated email address to create a new return.
Note:The shopper can use their return confirmation code at any supported retail store configured for In-Store Returns, or provide their order-associated email address if they do not have the code available.
Note: With the shopper's email address, the Store Associates could either continue with the return of an order generated online or create a new return (the latter would only accept returns for orders that were generated through Shopify / Custom integration).
Add Items to the Return
- For the "Add Items" step, the associate can then select the items that the shopper brought in-store from the list of returnable items.
Note: The In-Store returns policy and the online return policy are the same.
Note: If a product is deemed “final sale” or "non-returnable", the return cannot be processed.
Issue the Refund
As the items are added to the return, the Refund Due amount is automatically calculated and includes all relevant information (including if any store credit was used).
Note: The In-Store portal can only accept returns for orders that were generated through Shopify / Custom integration.
- Once the store associate has selected all of the items, he/she can choose to refund to the "Original Payment Method" or "Gift Card" (store credit).
Note: In-Store refunds are only offered to Shopify Plus / Custom merchants.
Upon completing the returns flow, the Store Associate will be brought back to the main "Start a Return" screen so that they may assist another shopper. With no activity for 5 minutes, an automatic log out will occur, with PIN authentication again required.
< Previous: In-Store Returns Flow