Gift Exchanges enables customers who received an item as a gift to exchange it for a different variant or a different product.
- Exchanges and Gift Returns enabled.
For existing merchants:
- Accept the updated app permissions in Shopify.
On your Shopify store, Admin page, go to Apps and search for Returnly.
Note: Only a Shopify Admin or Owner could perform this step.
Click Update app.
Once completed, your Returnly Return Manager will be displayed.
For further details, consult our dedicated article on Reauthorizing your Returnly App.
- Enable the Gift Exchange setting within Returnly, for which you would need to contact our Merchant Care team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your Customer's Journey
- The customer receives a gift order.
- On the Return Center, the customer enters the gift link, Name, Order #, and Zip Code.
- The customer selects to exchange an item.
- Variant Exchange - Blue Shirt for Red Shirt
- Shop Collections Product Exchange - White socks for Leather Belt
Note: Shop Collections and Variant Exchange are both supported.
- The customer views the Return Summary.
The Estimated Refund will be received in the form of a store credit gift card.
The Total Amount Due will be collected in the case the customer selected a more expensive item.
- The customer completes the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and navigates to the RMA Confirmation page.
- The customer returns the item and the RMA is processed post-delivery.
- The customer receives a Store Credit Gift Card for any remaining Refund Due amount.
On your Return Manager, Return Settings page, ensure your Return Reasons can be processed as an exchange.
This feature would be available for accounts on our Returnly Starter, or Premium plans and can be configured under your return policies.