Returnly provides the flexibility to your shoppers of benefitting from an extended return eligibility window during the holidays (or any special period of time), with Thanksgiving and Christmas being notable and the most common examples, so that your shoppers have more time to initiate a return.
How the Holiday Eligibility Window Works
As with the default "Eligibility Window," the "Holiday Eligibility Window" determines the timeframe a shopper has to initiate a return -- with two distinct options for you to select from, both based on a set "Start date" and "End date":
- Days to return: # of days a shopper will have to initiate their return
- Return until: Last calendar date a shopper will be able to initiate their return on.
Both of these methods can be used to accomplish the same thing, but with Return Until, you won't have to work out the math needed to come up with the right days.
How to set the Holiday Eligibility Window
While logged into your Return Manager (dashboard):
1. Navigate to the Return Settings section, Return Policy tab.
2. Scroll down to the "Holiday Eligibility Window" option and toggle on (if not already).
3. Choose your preferred policy "Start date" and "End date" using the "Month" and "Day" drop-down menus.
4. Select either the "Days to return" or "Return until" option, and set the desired "Days to return" or "Return until" date.
5. Click the "Save" button (at the top of the page).
Your policy will be applied immediately, effective for the defined dates (including retroactively, where applicable). After the End Date is hit, your original Return Policy settings will resume.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If I move back the Holiday Eligibility Window Start Date, will customers who fall within the new window be retroactively added to the new end date?
A: Yes, these customers will now have the holiday eligibility window timeframe to initiate their returns.