By using Green Returns, you'll be refunding and rewarding your best customers without having to ship back an unwanted return. Using machine learning and data science, Green Returns makes real-time returns policy decisions helping you save costs on reverse logistics and build customer loyalty while doing right by the environment.
- When an item can’t be resold, eligible shoppers are invited to keep or gift their item before being refunded to their original payment method.
- If a shopper is not eligible, merchants can configure smart routing rules to send the item to a unique location to offload warehousing costs.
Once you have Green Returns enabled for your account, there are two different implementation paths in defining which products could be considered for your policy:
- Global: All RMAs can qualify for Green Returns and be exempt from shipping.
- Green Return Product Tag: Only products with the product-level rtly-green-return tag will qualify to be exempt from shipping. This tag would only function if you have Green Returns enabled for your account.
Green Returns has several configurable settings that would adjust how products would be included in the policy (Global or Green Return Product Tag).
Your Customer's Experience
- Customer initiates a return in the Returns Center.
- Customer receives an email with instructions on how to proceed with the refund.
- Customer chooses items to return and submits their request.
- After customer views Estimated Refund Page, Returnly determines if the customer would be eligible for a Green Return.
- Customer views the next page notifying them that they do not need to ship their items back and the following two scenarios are presented depending on Instant Credit being enabled for your Green Returns.
A) With Instant Credit enabled: your customers would be able to use that unique voucher at your Shopify store.
B) Without Instant Credit enabled, your customers would still get their refund without having to ship back the return.
< Previous: Green Returns: Overview