- Prerequisites and How to Get Started
- How to Configure Returnly
- How to Configure ShipMonk
- How it Works
The integration between ShipMonk and Returnly is a one-way integration that creates a Warehouse Receiving Order or RMA within ShipMonk when a return is initiated through Returnly.
As ShipMonk owns, supports and maintains this integration, technical questions should first be addressed to ShipMonk Support.
Prerequisites and How to Get Started
As set-up & onboarding is managed by ShipMonk, you must contact them to start the integration process along with the following details:
- Your Returnly API token
On your Returnly's Return Manager, visit Integration Tools > API Token tab.
- Your store URL
How to Configure Returnly
- Navigate to the Returns Settings menu in your Returnly dashboard.
- Access the Return Policy tab, Additional Settings section.
- Disable the Auto-restock Products option since the 3PL will be handling inventory updates.
Register the return address: visit Your Account > Addresses, Return to Address tab.
Note: If you do not have Returnly API access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request your Returnly API token for the integration.
How to Configure ShipMonk
- Once you have sent a Happiness Engineer at ShipMonk your Returnly API key and your store URL "examplestore.myshopify.com", ShipMonk developers will handle the rest of the integration process and you'll be notified when it's complete.
How it Works
- To verify that returns are being processed from Returnly into ShipMonk, check the "Returns" section by clicking it on the navigation bar, and look for orders with the Returnly logo.
- Clicking an #RMA number hyperlink in the "Returns List" will pull up the details for a return.
- When integrated with Returnly, you'll be able to click "Open in Returnly" and go straight into Returnly's RMA details for that order. Back & forth access between ShipMonk and Returnly is easy and intuitive.
- Once you have inspected the returned item and updated the inventory with ShipMonk, route to your Returnly dashboard to process the refund.
- How do I get started?
All you need is your Returnly API token, your store's URL, and account with ShipMonk.
- How long will it take to set up this integration?
For timelines, contact ShipMonk.
- Will I need a developer involved to complete this integration?
No. Returnly & ShipMonk will take care of this integration for you.
- Where do I get my Returnly API?
On Returnly's Return Manager, visit Integration Tools > API Token tab.
Related article: Where can I find my account's unique API token?
- I have a Returnly account, but don’t have API access - how can I get Returnly API access?
Merchants on an Annual plan: they can generate their API token.
Access Integration Tools > API Token tab.
Merchants on a Monthly plan should reach out to email@example.com for their API token.
- Where do I set the Return To Address?
Visit Your Account > Addresses, Return to Address tab.
- Where should I address any technical questions?
As ShipMonk owns, supports and maintains this integration, technical questions should first be addressed to ShipMonk Support team to ensure a seamless order fulfillment experience.
Not a Returnly customer? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.