There are two shopper use cases here:
- When the shopper uses the Instant Refund to purchase alternate items
- Yay! The Shopper has taken the exchange into their own hands.
- Nothing special needs to be done here - totally automated, everyone is super happy and saved tons of time.
- Fun fact: Returnly’s historical data shows that statistically it is likely your shopper spends an average 25% more on their second round of shopping when looking for that exchange - go Instant Refunds go!
2. When the shopper does NOT use their Instant Refund and replacement goods are sent
- This would be a traditional manual exchange process
- Facilitated by customer service representatives (CSR)
- No uplift opportunity
- CSR must zero-out the refund due to shopper prior to settlement of the return or a refund will be pushed to the shopper automatically 30 days after the return is set as delivered at your warehouse.
- Why? Because unless the refund is zero’d out, Returnly has no way of programmatically knowing that a human being has sent replacement items out or not.
- No worries, we’ve made it easy to zero-out the refund due in these manual item replacement instances, see detailed RMA view from Returnly merchant dashboard below: