Merchants on our yearly plan can map their subdomain to Returnly. Here's how:
Set up a subdomain by specifying a Canonical Name (CNAME) resource record in the account for your 3rd-party domain, e.g. returns.your-company-name.com.
How to set up a CNAME record:
- Log in to your account with your domain provider.
- Find your DNS settings; look for your account admin panel, or domain management area, or DNS configuration, or similar.
- Open the DNS settings and view your current DNS records.
- Each entry should show: an original location (often listed in a column called Name, Host, or Alias), the type of the record (for example, CNAME) and the destination to which the record is pointing.
- Now you need to add a CNAME Record or update an existing one and point it to domains.returnly.com.
- Save the CNAME Record (usually by clicking Save or Add record or similar).
Update Domain on Returnly Dashboard
- Go to Customize Tab>Returns Center
- Add your URL
- Click Save
- If the CNAME is configured correctly the system will process the request. This can take up to 1 minute. If you get an error message this means your CNAME is incorrect. Follow these directions to confirm proper configuration.
- Domain Mapping is complete
If you receive an error this means that your CNAME was not configured properly. Please follow the instructions here check configuration.