Types of User Roles
Returnly will now provide the capability to assign roles to users restricting which actions each user can perform. Currently there are six predefined roles:
- Owner: Users can control billing, account settings, customizations, and user management for their Returnly license. Users have full access to the Return Manager including analytics. — Recommended for the main decision-maker of your Returnly account
Administrator: Users can control account settings and customizations for their Returnly license. Users have full access to the Return Manager including analytics. — Recommended for eCommerce managers and customer service leads
- Analyst: Users can access analytics and reporting as well as manage returns. — Recommended for accountants, financial analysts or operations managers
- Customer Service Lead: Users can process returns, create RMA reports, and override return policies. — Recommended for leads and supervisors of your front-line support team
Customer Service Representative: Users can process returns and create RMA reports. — Recommended for members of your front-line support team
- Developer: Users can customize the Return Center and shopper emails. — Recommended for external agencies that manage your brand or internal developers and designers
Access by User Role
Each role has specified full or limited access to dashboard sections:
Users and their assigned roles can be managed from the User Management section in the merchant dashboard. Look for User Management on the left hand navigation bar in your dashboard:
Both users with Owner and Administrator roles have access to this functionality, though what each role can do varies slightly.
Both Owners and Administrators can:
- Search users by name, email, status or role
- View user details
- Navigate through the user list through pagination
Owners have the exclusive ability to:
- Quickly add new users
- Easily edit user data, manage assigned role, or activate/deactivate users
Creating New Users
Users can be managed from the User Management tab. Easily add new users clicking the blue button Add User in the right corner. An invite is sent to the provided email address, and the user gets into a “pending” status until the invite is accepted.
Searching For New Users
Search for users within the new User Management section on the top left corner of the page. Users can be search by: First Name, Last Name, Email, Role and Status.
Results are paginated to easily view all existing users.
To edit users' assigned roles or information, hover and select the user from the User Management listing. You can then edit user information, grant role permissions and activate/deactivate user rights.
Adopting New User Roles
Once activated for your account, all of your users will maintain the role assigned to them by the Returnly Support member when they were onboarded. In order to take advantage of the new roles, we recommend to identify which of your users have an assigned Owner role and edit the assigned role as needed.