The product returns flow refers to the steps a shopper will take or each screen where the shopper must provide information and/or make a selection in order to generate a shipping label and receive a refund for their product return. The product returns flow generally appears as shown below (unless you're on “Ace” or Shopify-Plus plan and have customized aspects of the shopper flow in your returns center)
- Shopper enters the email address associated with their order
Shopper is prompted to check their email and use the verification link to begin their return
- Shopper clicks on the verification link from their email
- Shopper chooses products for return along with the reason for return
- Shopper is presented with an estimated refund card
- Shopper is given a pre-paid shipping label, which is also emailed to them as a .pdf for printing at a later time. The instructions here may vary according to your returns policy. For plans “Ace” and higher, you may have Returnly generate labels directly from your merchant UPS or FedEx account.